Fletcher European Containers Ltd are commited to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how Fletcher European Containers Ltd handles your information please email our Privacy team on [email protected].
1. What information is being collected?
We will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
You may share with us: your name, job title, address, email address, contact number and payment information.
2. Who is collecting it?
Fletcher European Containers Ltd (Company Number: 3452489) is the data controller for the personal data. A data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Our registered address is 47/51 Sanders Road, Finedon Road Industrial Estate, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 4NL.
3. How is it collected?
Personal data is collected in one or more of the following ways:
- When you register for an account
- When you request a catalogue
- When you sign up to receive Product and Service Updates
- When you submit a Special Product Enquiry
- When you contact us through the website
- When you communicate with us through email or on the phone
- When you provide us with your contact details at an exhibition or show
4. Why is it being collected?
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to carry out the business transactions agreed between you and Fletcher European Containers Ltd.
In addition we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services. However we will only send you marketing communications if you have told us it is okay to do so.
5. How will it be used?
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us. We use the information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to queries and requests
- To communicate with you
- To provide services and support for our products
- As long as you’re happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services
- To customise and improve the way you shop with us in the future; for example by showing you products that we think you might like on the website
- To allow us to improve your experience through customer satisfaction surveys
6. Who will it be shared with?
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Those helping us to deliver products to you
- Third parties that assist us with our marketing
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
7. How long is it kept?
8. Links to third party websites
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by Fletcher European Containers Ltd.
We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
9. How your personal data is protected
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled.
We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
10. How can you change the way we contact you about our products?
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by:
- Contacting our sales office and stating that you would like to receive communications from us
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- Contacting our sales office and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
- If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting our sales office stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our marketing and marketing support email correspondence
- Emailing our Privacy team at [email protected].
11. Your rights
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also:
- Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes
- Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information
- Ask us to remove or delete personal information about you
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email [email protected].
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/